A decision whether or not to adjourn the inquiry will be made Thursday but for now evidence is continuing to be heard.
From day one the inquiry being held at Glasgow Sheriff's Court was told that it was doubtful any criminal charges would be brought against Clarke or any other person.
During the inquiry however information has 'pointed a finger of blame' in the direction of Mr Clarke.
The bin wagon went out of control for 300 metres, mounting the pavement "at 70mph", hitting a pedestrian near the Gallery of Modern Art and smashing into a hotel next to Queen Street railway station reported the Daily Telegraph. Eye-witnesses spoke with the media and Sky's 24/7 TV news played some of their statements. All said the lorry was travelling at speed.
In January the Mail Online reported Mr Clarke "passed a rigorous medical exam needed to keep driving licence in 2012" but in late July the inquiry put his health into question.
Mr Clarke was employed by Glasgow Council in 2011 but he had no references. He had been suspended from his previous job at First Bus on December, 28, 2010 and started work with Glasgow City Council on January 5, 2011.
He collapsed at the wheel of a bus while driving on April 7, 2010, but did not declare that to his new council employer. ITV News reported late July that Clarke "had medical episodes in 1989, 1994, 2003 and blacked out behind the wheel of a bus he was driving in 2010."
Even after revelations that Clarke had lied about his health to keep his driving job the inquiry stood by its decision not to prosecute.
That may have forced the hand of Jacqueline Morton's family and pushed them into seeking an adjournment; that in turn may force the inquiry to think again. The family of one of the other victims, Gillian Ewing, are supporting the call for an adjournment.
The adjournment was abandoned but as Mr Clarke now knows there is a fair chance family members will prosecute he took the stand Thursday but refused to answer telling questions.