Sarah's shocked parents called for action to prevent such products from being readily available online.
The coroner in that case, David Hinchliff, ruled a verdict of misadventure but called on the government for a change in the law.
Two years on nothing has changed.
The Ella Parry inquest Thursday heard that she had “texted her lecturer saying she thought she was going to die after taking toxic 'slimming pills'." The message was sent about four hours before she died; in it she also apologised to her university lecturer for "being so stupid".
Ella drove herself to hospital but it was not possible to save her.
She took eight unlicensed tablets containing dinitrophenol (DNP), which she bought on-line reports the Daily Mirror.
Ella was bulimic and would binge and purge but this time was her last. IN the text message she also said ""I screwed up big time. Binged/purged all night and took four pills at 4am. "I took another four when I woke and I started vomiting soon after. I think I am going to die. No one is known to survive if they vomit after taking DNP. I am so scared."
DNP is an industrial chemical, which is unfit for human consumption, but in spite of warnings it remains available online.
A police investigation into who supplied the tablets taken by Ella continues.
The corner in this case ruled the death accidental but said he would be writing to the Government urging a review of the classification of DNP, which is marketed on-line as a 'fat burning' pill.
Will the government finally act?