Sarah's shocked parents called for action to prevent such products from being readily available online.
The coroner in that case, David Hinchliff, ruled a verdict of misadventure but called on the government for a change in the law.
Two years on nothing has changed.
The Ella Parry inquest Thursday heard that she had “texted her lecturer saying she thought she was going to die after taking toxic 'slimming pills'." The message was sent about four hours before she died; in it she also apologised to her university lecturer for "being so stupid".
Ella drove herself to hospital but it was not possible to save her.
She took eight unlicensed tablets containing dinitrophenol (DNP), which she bought on-line reports the Daily Mirror.
Ella was bulimic and would binge and purge but this time was her last. IN the text message she also said ""I screwed up big time. Binged/purged all night and took four pills at 4am. "I took another four when I woke and I started vomiting soon after. I think I am going to die. No one is known to survive if they vomit after taking DNP. I am so scared."
DNP is an industrial chemical, which is unfit for human consumption, but in spite of warnings it remains available online.
A police investigation into who supplied the tablets taken by Ella continues.
The corner in this case ruled the death accidental but said he would be writing to the Government urging a review of the classification of DNP, which is marketed on-line as a 'fat burning' pill.
Will the government finally act?
Because DNP is sold as a pesticide online buyers can easily purchase the drug and use it for slimming purposes. At time of writing in 2013 it was also marketed by some as a slimming aid.
The inquest, held in Wakefield ended and the family issued a statement saying;
"To lose someone so young in this way only adds to our devastation.
As Sarah was a medical student you might think she should have known better than buy such a product but life is not like that. As a bulimic, losing weight may have been an overwhelming driving force. You look at her beauty in the image and wonder why she was unhappy with her body but that is the nature of eating disorders.
It was hoped that Sarah's death would prompt the authorities to act and also act as a cautionary tale to others; the death of Ella Parry on April 12, 2015, indicates little has changed for the better.
When the inquest of Sarah Houston took place the Guardian reported "DNP, which was first used to treat obesity in the 1930s but was banned as a food substance due to its dangerous side effects, continues to be used as a slimming aid by bodybuilders around the world. It was linked to 62 deaths in a study published last year in the Journal of Medical Toxicity"
Whilst the coroner said that the DNP, dinitrophenol, may have reacted adversely with the anti-depressant medication, Fluoxetine, in Sarah's case he condemned the retailers of DNP. He vowed to pass his recommendations on to the government. Sarah came from a "medical family" and was the fifth family member to enter the medical profession. Her family also vowed to do what they can to make the sale of DNP as a slimming aid illegal.
The DNP in the case of Sarah was bought from an online retailer in Spain; this, according to police, would make a ban difficult, as it has a legitimate use as a pesticide.
Eloise Parry, known as Ella, also bought DNP, also known as Dinitrophenol online; she 'burned up from the inside' after swallowing the highly-toxic substance.
Ella took an accidental overdose of DNP and drove herself to hospital but they could not save her. Three hours later she was dead; there is no antidote to DNP, which is toxic.
An inquest will follow and an official cause of death announced. Her Mum has issued a statement which is doubly worth reading if you are considering such drastic measures in the hope of losing weight;
'Sunday started out cool and clear.'By lunchtime there was a brisk wind, blowing in strong gusts that suggested a storm might be coming.