On March 23, 2015, police announced that a man in his 50's had been arrested in connection with the disappearance of Claudia Lawrence. Wednesday three men have been arrested on suspicion of her murder.
Chef Claudia Lawrence, 35, vanished in York, Yorkshire, in March 2009; she was on her way to work but never arrived. A massive police search and investigation was launched but Claudia was not found. She is presumed dead; murdered and the police investigation has continued.
In May 2014 we reported at TEKJournalismUK that finally there appeared to have been a breakthrough as a local man named as Michael Snelling, 59, was arrested on suspicion of Claudia's murder, but he was later released on conditional bail. The latest news is that he was later released from bail and detectives also said a 47-year-old man held on suspicion of perverting the course of justice last July has also been released from bail.
The investigation may have stalled but in reality it continued.
On March 19, 2015, the 6th anniversary of Ms Lawrence’s' disappearance, being called her death, police released new CTTV footage.
In February police conducted an intensive search of an alleyway at the rear of Ms Lawrence's property in Heworth Road, York. The CCTV footage released showed two people on a road that leads to the path at the rear of Lawrence's property on the night she vanished and asks 'Who is this?' and 'Is it you?'
This long case to find out what happened to Claudia Lawrence and, if it was foul play, who was the killer has left Claudia's elderly father distressed. In March Mr Lawrence described news of the arrest as encouraging. But police strongly advised journalists against naming or speculating on the identity of the man and the story appeared to be over.
As news of todays other arrests is revealed police are searching a property in the area. It has been cordoned off and police have said the searches are expected to last a few days at least.
Again police have asked the media to show restraint while the investigation continues.
When she went missing Claudia was aged 35.
This long case to find out what happened to Claudia Lawrence and, if it was foul play, who was the killer has left Claudia's elderly father distressed.
However Mr Lawrence described news of the arrest Monday as encouraging.
The body of Claudia Lawrence has still never been found.
Claudia's father has created a website dedicated to finding his daughter. You can visit the site here.