BBC Midlands Today correspondent Peter Wilson said: "Robinson was Taylor's protégé, a Roman Catholic priest working across the West Midlands and Staffordshire. He was a serial child abuser. "In 1985 he moved to America. Donald campaigned for his extradition."
Robinson was finally jailed in 2010 after being convicted of a series of abuses which took place between 1959 and 1983.
Systems have reportedly been tightened to ensure any abuse with links to the Catholic Church is reported and individuals perpetrating the abuse are not simply moved on and or hidden away.
BBC News reports "The Archdiocese of Birmingham has always denied knowingly covering up the activities of paedophile priests" but there are now claims a Birmingham police officer handed documents over to the church and aided Robinson, now called a serial abuser, to escape following a tip off.
But here's the thing:
Jane Jones, safeguarding co-ordinator for the Archdiocese, said changes had been made to ensure such offences were reported to police.
So who is going to be held accountable for past errors or even corruption and will justice ever be served?
There is never a good time for an older citizen to go missing and all weathers could cause problems but heatwaves can be deadly.
Noakes' wife Vicky put out an appeal for information on his whereabouts reports the Daily Mirror. And social media quickly got on the case.
It is the hottest day of the year so far in Spain adding to family concerns.
The local council in Majorca helped out adding an appeal on its website.
At 1pm the search was still on for Noakes who has Alzheimer's.
British children of the 50's and 60's will remember Mr. Noakes fondly as a likeable and funny presenter on one of the few BBC's flagship children's shows of the day. He was a down to earth presenter who did not have the frills and fancy accent of son many others back then.
An animal lover, kids of that era will not be able to think of John without remembering Shep the Blue Peter sheepdog who so often accompanied him. Please tweet this appeal and share on social media in the hope that Mr. Noakes will be found soon, and that he is safe and well.
The Mail Online has titled its report "Police searching for 'missing' Blue Peter legend John Noakes after the 81-year-old's wife raised the alarm when he failed to return from a walk by their Spanish home" and legend is not an exaggeration.
After been found a little while ago John Noakes was taken to the Son Espases Hospital in Palma, Majorca and he is reportedly in a bad, though not life threatening, condition.
A 72-year-old man, Bruce Wilkinson, from Goole, at the south side of the River Humber, was killed in the attack Friday and his wife Rita injured.
Families have been devastated and in one case three family members were killed in Sousse Friday; "Adrian Evans, 44, from Tipton, West Midlands, died along with his father, 78-year-old Patrick Evans and nephew Joel Richards, 19, from Wednesbury."
Others officially named as dead include Carly Lovett, 24, from Gainsborough in Lincolnshire, partners Sue Davey and Scott Chalkley, a grandmother of four from Gateshead Lisa Burbidge, Trudy Jones, 51, from Blackwood in South Wales, Stephen Mellor, 59, from Cornwall who was killed as he attempted to shield his wife Cheryl, 55, who was injured and Scottish couple Jim and Ann McQuire.
The full list of those killed or injured will be released soon.
Some people are still missing and loved ones face an anxious wait.
The identification process has been slow and that has been blamed in part on Tunisian procedures and the fact the victims were on the beach and in most cases dressed in beachwear.
There has been some criticism of the Foreign Office and its response but the attack was unprecedented.
The Queen has sent her condolences to the victims' families and the flag at Number 10 Downing Street has been lowered to fly at half-mast.
It looks now as if either by intention or coincidence the dead gunman Seifeddine Rezgui targeted British tourists.
Late evening television news in the UK Sunday included reports from Sousse featuring young friend of the gunman and his grandfather; all are in shock.
600 police officers from Scotland Yard have launched a counter terrorism investigation following the Tunisian massacre.
She and British foreign office minister Tobias Ellwood walked through the reception area of the Hotel Imperial Marhaba the hotel the killer ran through before being killed by police.
You could almost see what May was thinking, possibly reflecting on the idea that pleasure-seekers enjoying some relaxation of a sunny beach could be massacred in such a way; the randomness of death in such attacks.
There are reports that gunman Seifeddine Rezgui was laughing as he ran along the beach shooting at foreign tourists Friday. He carried a Kalashnikov rifle and reportedly threw grenades as he ran.
There are also reports that he was not quite a 'lone-wolf' attacker and Tunisian security has arrested a group of people in connection with the attack.
Tunisian Interior Minister Mohamed Najem Gharsalli said "We have started by arresting a first group, a significant number of people, from the network that was behind this terrorist criminal [Rezgui]."
1,000 troops will now be deployed at Tunisian beach resorts. Earlier UK PM David Cameron had said security at resorts needed ramping up.
Finally an RAF plane has been deployed to bring the injured back to the UK later Monday.
Stories of bravery, horror and sadness just keep on being reported.
But one group of people caught up in events have praised staff at the hotel who tried to protect them. The staff members chained doors of rooms where they helped tourists to hide before the staff positioned themselves outside of the room holding knives and anything they could find to use as weapons to protect the hotel guests.
Tunisia's economic success depends on tourism.
He denies a cover-up but there was no investigation and perhaps unsurprisingly the dossier is missing.
The latest news is that the dossier was probably destroyed but Brittan still denies a cover-up.
The report allegedly contained details of a prolific and predatory paedophile network operating out of Westminster. The information was compiled by the late Tory MP Geoffrey Dickens.
The British government has been forced to act as this scandal developed but many people still expect there will be a whitewash. Theresa May the current UK Home Secretary, Conservative, has promised an inquiry by an independent panel.
May was forced to act after a petition by Labour's Tom Watson quickly garnered a huge number of signatures. This is what Mr Watson said:
7 Jul 2014 — Firstly, a very big thank you. Without your support we would never have forced the Home Secretary to make an announcement in the House of Commons at 3.30pm today.
What people want to know:
This long hidden parliamentary shame needs addressing and soon. The alleged victims deserve justice, finally.
Peter McKelvie, a former child protection manager in the UK, said more than 20 prominent figures are believed to be involved. Some have died.
Child and sex abuse allegations centring on Westminster cover a 20-year-period of time. Senior civil servants are being questioned about the missing dossier and it will be a case of the poop hitting the fan and covering many. Whether it will cover those it should though is debatable.
The Telegraph reported "'More than 10' politicians on list held by police investigating Westminster 'paedophile ring'. Whistle-blower who prompted Operation Fernbridge says up to 40 MPs and peers knew about or took part in child abuse."
With the Mail Online reporting that a child, now a man, involved in the Westminster abuse has been traced to the USA and could spill the beans, you have to wonder if MPS are only acting at last, as they have no other choice.
Government launches two inquiries into Westminster child sex scandal... neither led by judge
One of Syriza's main election promises was to renegotiate the strings attached to a Greek debt bailout but it did not take long for Syriza to have to bow slightly to EU bosses and accept a watered down deal.
Both sides claimed victory but are there any real winners?
The bureaucrats in Brussels viewed the February deal as a shot-term victory but how could the people of Greece living through a tough period of cuts and austerity measures agree?
After serious negotiations in February Syriza secured a four-month loan extension but they had wanted six months.
Syriza party members and the people of Greece were shown in no uncertain terms that the EU is still controlling the future of Greece.
Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras said "We won a battle, not the war." He and his ministers now faced submitting a list of reforms to the bureaucrats and waiting for them to approve or dismiss the measures and Tsipras accepted there were 'real difficulties' ahead.
Following a substantial election victory the new Greek government had hoped to regain some control over their country's policies but the fat-cats of Europe will still decide what policies are passed.
The government was restricted from raising the minimum wage, alleviating poverty in Greece, without EU approval.
So the Greek government was held in an iron grip almost from day one making it in some ways impotent.
Greece is now at the crossroads as the hours tick down to a likely default June 30 but if they give in now the Greek government could face all of this again assuming they last that long. Their future will depend on how supporters judge their handling of the current crisis.
In February we wondered if perhaps the EU is hoping the government will collapse so they can install a technocrat as leader of Greece. But Greece is not Italy; that country was forced to accept an EU appointed technocrat Mario Monti, as PM in 2011.
The EU gravy train trundles on in Brussels and there is little sign if any of the bureaucrats tightening their belts or accepting cuts.
As EU officials tighten the screw on Greece and its people again the new government is backed into a tight corner.
PM Tsipras announced Saturday that a referendum will be held July 5 and those who vote will decide if the International creditors deal of more pain for the general population will be accepted.
How they respond will ultimately decide their future, the future of the Eurozone, the EU and many others.
Travel advice: The main advice is to take plenty of cash if you are visiting Greece. With the banks now closed if you are already on vacation in Greece and have little hard cash available you could be in trouble. Many vacationers in the EU now use ATMs rather than take travellers' cheques or cash.
ITV News reports Monday "At present, withdrawal limits on Greek ATMs are not be imposed on foreign bank cards, but don't rely on this."
News that "Foreign visitors using credit and debit cards issued outside of Greece will not be restricted to the daily limit imposed on ATMs in the country" has left me wondering if locals will ask tourists to withdraw for them or if there may even be an increase in the theft of such cards.
The advice has to be to take extra care during this tough period for Greece. Many British tourists visit the Greek Islands where the day-to-day situation may vary from mainland Greece.
British travellers can find the latest UK travel advice for Greece here