The new team will handle 29 separate allegations that previous inquiries were blocked because prominent people were identified as suspects.
That paragraph will leave most people to conclude that a cover-up has been ongoing.
Will a new Met team have a free hand?
Operation Midland is expected to continue its work as it includes investigations into alleged child murders.
In late August Harvey Proctor, 68, a former Conservative MP went public to accuse British police working on Operation Midland of running a witch-hunt.
As we wrote at that time Proctor disclosed that "he has been questioned over the alleged murder of three boys supposedly linked to an “elite Westminster sex ring”."
Mr. Proctor obviously decided he had nothing to lose going public about two interviews with police and at a press conference called the police team running one arm of the investigations into abuse, namely Operation Midland, as good as 'incompetent'.
He said the team's boss should be put handling parking offences and Operation Midland should be wound up. Operation Midland was set up to investigate allegations that boys were systematically abused by an establishment paedophile ring and the allegations include murder.
Justice Lowell Goddard's child abuse public inquiry is expected to last five years, more or less. That means many of the accused, witnesses, victims and survivors may not be fit enough to testify or may have died by the time the inquiry concludes.
Related at NEWTEKWORLDNEWS;
CSA inquiry costs and Justice Goddard pay deal
Another sir as police investigate Edward Heath
Police at Scotland Yard say their unnamed accuser, referred to as 'Nick', is credible and true.
Proctor has said police should charge him with murder or his accuser should be stripped of his anonymity and charged with perverting the course of justice.
In a statement Tuesday Proctor said "It is so far-fetched to be unbelievable; it is unbelievable because it is not true. My situation has transformed from Kafka-esque bewilderment to black farce incredulity.”
Harvey Proctor was a Tory MP for Essex from 1979 to 1987. He quit his parliamentary role after pleading guilty to acts of gross indecency with a man who was under the age of consent. As Wikipedia puts it "In June 1986, The People newspaper published claims that Proctor had taken part in spanking and cane beating of male prostitutes, aged between 17 and 21, in his London flat."
At that time the age of homosexual consent was 21.
Proctor claimed he thought one man was aged 21 but he was charged with gross indecency and quickly resigned.
But the problem is that while Proctor was busy defending himself and his 'honour' on Tuesday he was scathing about victims and survivors of child and sex abuse.
Who would not applaud his statement “I am a homosexual? I am not a murderer. I am not a paedophile or pederast” as long as it is true. The allegations against him are:
● In 1980, Proctor is accused of stripping and tying a boy to a table in a house in central London, stabbing the child through the arm and the body over 40 minutes, before raping and killing the boy through strangulation. “Nick” claims to be a witness to the murder.
Mr Proctor denies all allegations.
He also dismisses some of those accusing high-profile people of abuse as a "ragbag of internet fantasists."
In doing so he belittles and degrades the survivors of abuse who are still seeking justice.
A hidden crime
An Englishman’s home is his Castle
Savile Stoke Mandeville abuse published
Paedophile doctor Myles Bradbury jail term cut
Lost abuse documents found as parliament breaks