Police at Scotland Yard say their unnamed accuser, referred to as 'Nick', is credible and true.
Proctor has said police should charge him with murder or his accuser should be stripped of his anonymity and charged with perverting the course of justice.
In a statement Tuesday Proctor said "It is so far-fetched to be unbelievable; it is unbelievable because it is not true. My situation has transformed from Kafka-esque bewilderment to black farce incredulity.”
Harvey Proctor was a Tory MP for Essex from 1979 to 1987. He quit his parliamentary role after pleading guilty to acts of gross indecency with a man who was under the age of consent. As Wikipedia puts it "In June 1986, The People newspaper published claims that Proctor had taken part in spanking and cane beating of male prostitutes, aged between 17 and 21, in his London flat."
At that time the age of homosexual consent was 21.
Proctor claimed he thought one man was aged 21 but he was charged with gross indecency and quickly resigned.
But the problem is that while Proctor was busy defending himself and his 'honour' on Tuesday he was scathing about victims and survivors of child and sex abuse.
Who would not applaud his statement “I am a homosexual? I am not a murderer. I am not a paedophile or pederast” as long as it is true. The allegations against him are:
● In 1980, Proctor is accused of stripping and tying a boy to a table in a house in central London, stabbing the child through the arm and the body over 40 minutes, before raping and killing the boy through strangulation. “Nick” claims to be a witness to the murder.
Mr Proctor denies all allegations.
He also dismisses some of those accusing high-profile people of abuse as a "ragbag of internet fantasists."
In doing so he belittles and degrades the survivors of abuse who are still seeking justice.
A hidden crime
An Englishman’s home is his Castle
Savile Stoke Mandeville abuse published
Paedophile doctor Myles Bradbury jail term cut
Lost abuse documents found as parliament breaks
The 'other Prince William' will be aired on Channel 4 Thursday 9pm and I will be tuning in.
The preamble leading up to tonight's airing has whetted my appetite even though I am no royal worshipper. My age means I should have heard of this earlier Prince William but I had not.
The Prince William in tonight's show is 'of Gloucester' and was one of the Queen's cousins. He died in a plane crash in 1972 aged just 30.
He was reportedly a boyhood idol of Prince Charles and there are also claims that Britain's current Prince William is named after him.
The tale promises a 'secret history' and one of unrequited love with parallels drawn with the abdication of Edward VII who relinquished his throne to marry an American divorcee Wallis Simpson.
The love interest in Prince William of Gloucester's life was Zsuzsi Starkloff.
It may have been the 70's but she failed to meet royal approval. William did not have an immediate throne to abdicate but the establishment did not want her to become part of the royal family.
In the past Starkloff had shied away from recounting her past with the Prince but now she is out of the closet and narrating tonight's show.
The couple's unrequited love was dealt a rough hand when the Prince was killed instantly when his plane crashed at a Wolverhampton air show in August 1972.
More later after the Secret History - The Other Prince William
First responders took a huge hit at Tianjin and 67 firefighters are dead, another 37 firefighters are missing and 11 policemen were also killed.
Industrial safety is vague in China. Understandably people are angry and are calling for change.
Following the Tianjin blast inspectors began checking out similar warehouses and properties; according to reports inspectors unearthed safety issues at 85 out of 124 sites, resulting in two emergency factory closures.
Many dangerous facilities are situated within short distances of residential properties.
There are no reports of contamination or pollution following the warehouse fire in Zibo city at this time.
Two blasts in 10 days could highlight China's terrible safety record or point to something more sinister; time will tell.
Updates as available
China Economic review - Chemical plant in Zibo, Shandong catches fire following explosion
Related: Death toll in China blasts 50 with 700 plus injured
In early June NEWTEKWORLDNEWS reported British boyband One Direction, 1D to fans, could be going back to their roots as individual performers; 1D is part of that group of contemporary entertainers that are manufactured pop.
The band was created during X Factor 2010; the boys all failed to move on to the next rounds of the competition as individual performers and One Direction was born.
The band were quick to dismiss the rumours of a split but here we are August 24 with news that they will 'take a break' in 2016 to pursue 'solo' projects.
The band plan to release their fifth album; fans you have until March 2016. Then the band will take a break of at least one-year.
One Direction claim this temporary split was always on the cards even before Zayn Malik quit the band in March 2015. Rumours of a deeper split have dogged 1D since then.
When he quit 1D in March Malik claimed that he just wanted to live the ordinary life of any other young guy but it did not take long for that to be dismissed. There were soon stories of a recording contract and appearances on shows like the X Factor, although the latter was refuted by Malik’s representatives.
Popular Rupert Murdoch publication 'The Sun' is behind Monday's revelations of a break in 2016 reporting the band members, Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson and Niall Horan, all want to concentrate on solo projects. At time of writing that has not been confirmed by the band or their management.
How many hugely successful bands have become too big for their individual boots and decided to go it alone? How many have ended up with successful sol careers?
Bands often take their fans for granted; decide to split and when the break does not work out team up again expecting fans to be waiting-in-the-wings.
One Direction should bear in mind splits, temporary or permanent, are rarely good for music careers. Boyzone and Take That are two exceptions; they had their splits and big egos running away and still recovered their popular fan-base; most however have not been so lucky.
Of course today's news could be part of a wider PR campaign but BBC News reports "When asked about the news by Newsbeat, the band's PR team said "no comment" and that probably says it all.
There was a huge fireball on impact and investigators believe the reason Hill survived may be if the cockpit was thrown clear; he was trying to pull the nose of the plane up until the moment of impact.
Footage and images of the accident as it happened have flooded social media; some have been insensitive to say the least considering the loss of life.
Police set the death toll as 'likely' 11 but warned it may rise to 20 when the plane was lifted; but no new victims were found. Investigations and searches of the crash site are continuing.
The pilot was seen struggling to control the plane as it made its descent into the nearby A27 motorway.
It was a beautiful warm summer's day and cyclists and people watching the air show from a short distance may have been caught up in events. The motorway was busy with Saturday traffic heading to and from the coast.
Fans and organisers of air shows have warned against a knee-jerk reaction to the crash. There have been calls for change however and aviation regulator the Civil Aviation Authority has said it is considering whether air show safety requirements should change.
Perhaps limiting the area will help but is that practical? Performing daring acts of flying over motorways and homes seems madness.
The Independent reports "Three victims of the crash have been named - Matt Jones, a 24-year-old personal trainer, and Worthing United FC footballers Jacob Schilt and Matthew Grimstone, were all killed in the accident."
The Civil Aviation Authority said "significant" restrictions on UK air shows are now being brought in amid calls for changes following the crash. Displays by vintage jets over land will be limited to flypasts, which means high energy acrobatics are banned" Sky News.
If you think all that has a touch of paranoia consider our report in July 2013 when Lord Howell, Tory, was forced to apologise after insensitive comments regarding fracking. Lord Howell of Guildford, Essex, told a shocked House of Lords fracking should happen in the North East of England because it is filled with "desolate areas". The gasps his words received should have warned the Lord that he had gone too far but it was probably water of a duck's, or should that be Lord's, back. He carried on digging himself into a huge hole; perhaps he was looking for shale gas in the House of Lords?
Maybe if ministers led by example and organised fracking of royal estates such as Sandringham and Buckingham palace first, with political buildings such as 10 Downing Street and the Houses of Parliament following on people could be persuaded.
But changing laws to allow fracking under your home without your consent or right to appeal shows government desperation.
People across the country are wary of fracking; who will make money out of it, what is the potential damage to our environment, how will we cope with the noise, inconvenience and more and is it really the best option for all.
Fracking for gas in the UK was halted, after earth tremors were felt close to Blackpool, in the north west of England. In December 2012 the UK Coalition government however gave the green light for work to recommence, against widespread opposition.
According to the dangers of fracking, Hydraulic fracturing, or “fracking”, is the process of drilling and injecting fluid into the ground at a high pressure in order to fracture shale rocks to release natural gas inside. Up to 600 chemicals are used in fracking fluid, including known carcinogens and toxins such as… During this process, methane gas and toxic chemicals leach out from the system and contaminate nearby groundwater. Methane concentrations are 17x higher in drinking-water wells near fracturing sites than in normal wells. Only 30-50% of the fracturing fluid is recovered, the rest of the toxic fluid is left in the ground and is not biodegradable. In the end, hydraulic fracking produces approximately 300,000 barrels of natural gas a day, but at the price of numerous environmental, safety, and health hazards.
The safety of fracking is questionable, fact. If you add into the mix the current water crisis in parts of Lancashire it seems insane to frack.
As we reported Friday "More than a week ago consumers in parts of Lancashire were told they must boil all water before use after the supply was contaminated with the cryptosporidium parasite." "The water company involved, United Utilities, began work to fix the problem and estimated the contamination could last a couple of days, but ten days later work is ongoing."
As always we appear to be following the USA's lead on fracking but that is a vast country. Parts of the USA have been ruined by frackers but England does not have land to spare and lay waste.
The government has to find a way to keep 'the lights on' in the UK but surely sacrificing our country is too big a price to pay?
David Cameron touts fracking at Davos summit
Fracking rears its ugly head again
Fracking revolution does not stop for Cameron
1,000 sq miles of England to be opened up for fracking
Lord Howell apologises for frack in desolate north of England comment
Fracking and the Tories