"This is an act of terrorism in every respect. The State of Israel takes a strong line against terrorism regardless of the perpetrators," Benjamin Netanyahu said in a tweet reports BBC News Friday.
But his words, hollow or genuine, may not be enough to calm the situation.
The Palestine Liberation Organisation (PLO), which dominates the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank, said it held the Israeli government "fully responsible for the brutal assassination" of the child, Ali Saad Dawabsha."This is a direct consequence of decades of impunity given by the Israeli government to settler terrorism," it said.
Tensions in the area are running high this week.
Properties deemed illegally built on Palestinian land in the settlement of Beit El were ordered demolished by a court.
One of the houses in the arson attack Thursday night was unoccupied.
But the other was home to a family.
"Resident Ibrahim Dawabsha told Reuters news agency he heard people shouting for help. "We found the parents outside with burns, they said there was another son in the house, we brought him out and then they said there was another boy inside, but we couldn't reach the bedroom because of the fire. He was left inside until rescue forces came," he said."
Four men, and I use that word loosely, carried out the attack.
One of the injured in Thursday's attack was 16-year-old Shira Banki who sustained serious injuries. She was stabbed in the back.
In a statement from his office, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu responded to the attack saying "We are talking about a very serious incident. “We will find justice with the perpetrators. In the State of Israel the freedom of personal choice is one of the basic values we cherish. We must guarantee that in Israel, every man and women will live in safety in any way they choose."
Wise words but imagine if the knife attacker had been a member of the Islamic faith?
But religious zealots come in many shapes, sizes and religions.
Orthodox Jews in Israel do not support the annual Gay Pride Parade and some of the more extreme and Ultra-Orthodox Jews prefer to call it “the Parade of Abomination."
With that in mind the timing of the release of Schilssel could not have been worse. A month later, after the parade, may have been a more sensible option but if he is fit to be returned to society that should not matter.
If he still had hate in his heart there is always next year's parade for him to look forward to.
Maybe this time, if or when he is convicted, he will be forced to serve a full sentence which surely should be much longer?
He also criticised the Leigh Unite decision to back Mr Burnham’s rival, saying branch chair Stephen Hall should not have participated in the vote as he is a member of rival political party Left Unity.
The Labour leadership election process is not simple. Attempts to broaden just who was allowed to vote to elect a new party leader have been dogged with problems.
Labour has tried to appeal to a broader section of people in the UK but that has not been easy. Those who for whatever reason fear any Labour links to Unions still have concerns. So Labour in 2010 also allowed individual party members into the election ring.
Perhaps the party should have the courage of their convictions and just choose who they feel is the best man or woman for the job.
The current state of play is Labour is tearing itself apart allowing the Tory government to have a field day and worse still it is doing it in public aided and abetted by some well-meaning individuals and some who want to hurt the party.
If you believe Twitter Corbyn is home free after a series of pledges which have been well said, hit the right note with many but above all have been given by a man who has nothing to lose.
Your view of the leadership race may well depend on your political view, what mainstream media news service you read or watch, who you follow on Twitter and similar.
Such is the Labour leadership race in 2015 all of the above comes into play.
When Labour for all the right reasons decided to allow Labour supporters to pay £3 and get a vote on the new party leader it was doomed from the start. We questioned some time ago if some would sign up for all the wrong reasons and sure enough the process has caught a few ringers.
Aged 66 Corbyn has been a thorn in the side of some recent Labour leaders and perhaps so in the past. A lifelong rebel he has often been at odds with the party which will leave Labour members wondering if elected could he ever be a unifying leader.
Corbyn could however inspire a generation and pick up votes from disenfranchised voters especially young people. They will need to put words into action though by registering to vote and actually doing so in 2020.
When all is said and done can Corbyn lead the Labour party to election success in 2020?
Labour vote: Voting ballots will be sent out on Friday 14 August and must be returned by post or online by 12pm on Thursday 10 September.
Guardian: Are you a 'bogus' Labour leadership voter?
Investigations in Scotland got underway with reports that the driver had been seen slumped over the wheel of the vehicle.
The bin wagon went out of control for 300 metres, mounted the pavement "at 70mph", hit a pedestrian near the Gallery of Modern Art and smashed into a hotel next to Queen Street railway station reported the Daily Telegraph.
Eye-witnesses spoke with the media and Sky's 24/7 TV news played some of their statements. All said the lorry was travelling at speed.
In January the Mail Online reported Mr Clarke "passed a rigorous medical exam needed to keep driving licence in 2012" but this week his health has been put into question.
Mr Clarke was employed by Glasgow Council in 2011 but he had no references. He had been suspended from his previous job at First Bus on December, 28, 2010 and started work with Glasgow City Council on January 5, 2011.
He collapsed at the wheel of a bus while driving on April 7, 2010, but did not declare that to his new council employer.
ITV News reported this week that Clarke "had medical episodes in 1989, 1994, 2003 and blacked out behind the wheel of a bus he was driving in 2010."
In December 2010, Mr Clarke also saw a doctor from the DVLA for a standard check on all Large Goods Vehicle drivers over the age of 45.
Clarkes' driving licences have been suspended, restored and suspended again in 2015.
Six people were killed; five females and one male, and 15 others were injured some seriously. Two of the injured were soon moved to hospital intensive care.
Fatalities and injuries were spread over more than one scene. Police were called to the crash around 2.30pm GMT on a December Monday.
By the next day, December 23, 2014, police announced that all the dead had been identified and removed from the scene.
Sadly three members of the same family were killed in the accident. They were named as Jack and Lorraine Sweeney, aged 68 and 69, and their teenage granddaughter Erin McQuade, of Dumbarton.
Crowds were out in force Monday Christmas shopping and enjoying the run-up to Christmas. Schools had already broken for the Christmas holidays and some workers were already on leave from work. This swelled crowds in shopping areas around the country and caused traffic chaos with long tail-backs in many.
Perhaps surprisingly BBC News reports "The Crown Office has already concluded that there will be no criminal prosecution over the crash, with senior lawyers deeming it a "tragic accident".
Glasgow lorry crash latest
Funeral for three family members killed in Glasgow lorry tragedy
But police have had no trouble prosecuting celebrities such as Max Clifford and Rolf Harris years after the event. The problem seems to arise when it is an individual with links to the political class of the UK.
After a couple of failed attempts to start an Independent Child Sex Abuse inquiry one finally got underway this year with the chair being occupied by the Hon. Lowell Goddard who was flown in from the Antipodes.
She will receive an annual salary of £360,000, with an additional an annual rental allowance of £110,000 and £12,000 a year to cover utilities. As the BBC reports "The Home Office will also cover the cost of four return flights from the UK to the judge's native New Zealand." The flight cost includes her husband and there is provision for immediate family members. Her pay deal is worth £480,000 a year plus without those flights; as we sarcastically commented earlier in July "Of course she would never be able to fund the flights herself out of a measly £360,000 a year."
Goddard has already said the inquiry may last until 2020 but why?
While it is vital the inquiry is independent and fair does it really need five years?
That will rack up costs and some of the accused and possibly survivors may not be around in 2020.
Thursday's news that the inquiry into the late Cyril Smith is being closed will concern the survivors of abuse.
If there really never was any guilt justice must be served but is that the case?
With each delay evidence becomes distorted or more difficult to locate.
Those who smell a rat may believe that is the overall plan.
Below is what the Northamptonshire Telegraph is reporting Thursday:
In a statement released today after an article by BBC reporter Sally Chidzoy, the force [ Northamptonshire police ] said a cold case team assigned to look into the claims about Smith, who died in 2010, had interviewed more than 60 police staff, including the two Chief Constables in post during the period under investigation.The investigation was started after Rochdale MP Simon Danczuk claimed in his book that material was allegedly discovered in the back of Smith’s car when he was stopped on the M1 in Northamptonshire more than 30 years ago.
In March 2015 Home Secretary Theresa May asked for police whistleblowers to be offered immunity to testify against the late MP [Cyril Smith ] and any public figures allegedly involved in child sex abuse. May said "Cyril Smith cover-up claims 'could lead to prosecutions'."
June Bacon from Barnsley started the campaign "to give this little boy a good send-off". The FundRazr appeal raised £1,050 after 20 hours and Thursday stands at £2,289. Ms Bacon hopes to raise £5,000 for the Thompson family.
Ms Bacon, from Barnsley, said she wanted to "make life easier for Conley's family at this tough time".
But on social media some have shown a heartless streak criticising Conley's Mum and others for allowing him to play out aged just seven.
That is constructive or helpful.
Accidents can happen any time and any place.
The family now have to move on and find a life without Conley. They will be plagued by thoughts of their own and need empathy right now.
Although police have said in a statement there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding Conley's death they have appealed for any witnesses, who may be able to help piece together the last few hours of this little boy's life, to contact them.
According to the Daily Mirror 24/7 security at the building site had stopped two-weeks ago, tying in with school holidays in the UK, which has allowed local kids to gain access.
If you want to donate to the appeal for a funeral you can do so here.