23 hrs ·
Morning After To-Do List:
1. Take over the Democratic Party and return it to the people. They have failed us miserably.
2. Fire all pundits, predictors, pollsters and anyone else in the media who had a narrative they wouldn't let go of and refused to listen to or acknowledge what was really going on. Those same bloviators will now tell us we must "heal the divide" and "come together." They will pull more hooey like that out of their ass in the days to come. Turn them off.
3. Any Democratic member of Congress who didn't wake up this morning ready to fight, resist and obstruct in the way Republicans did against President Obama every day for eight full years must step out of the way and let those of us who know the score lead the way in stopping the meanness and the madness that's about to begin.
4. Everyone must stop saying they are "stunned" and "shocked". What you mean to say is that you were in a bubble and weren't paying attention to your fellow Americans and their despair. YEARS of being neglected by both parties, the anger and the need for revenge against the system only grew. Along came a TV star they liked whose plan was to destroy both parties and tell them all "You're fired!" Trump's victory is no surprise. He was never a joke. Treating him as one only strengthened him. He is both a creature and a creation of the media and the media will never own that.
5. You must say this sentence to everyone you meet today: "HILLARY CLINTON WON THE POPULAR VOTE!" The MAJORITY of our fellow Americans preferred Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump. Period. Fact. If you woke up this morning thinking you live in an effed-up country, you don't. The majority of your fellow Americans wanted Hillary, not Trump. The only reason he's president is because of an arcane, insane 18th-century idea called the Electoral College. Until we change that, we'll continue to have presidents we didn't elect and didn't want. You live in a country where a majority of its citizens have said they believe there's climate change, they believe women should be paid the same as men, they want a debt-free college education, they don't want us invading countries, they want a raise in the minimum wage and they want a single-payer true universal health care system. None of that has changed. We live in a country where the majority agree with the "liberal" position. We just lack the liberal leadership to make that happen (see: #1 above).
Let's try to get this all done by noon today.
-- Michael Moore
You all remember that nice Mr Grayling, Leader of the House; a right wing Tory, who is now a leading Brexit campaigner and wants the EHRA to be abolished and a new British Bill of rights put in its place.
Jolly reserved, polite sort of fellow isnt he, wanting our independence from Europe so the British people make decisions that affect them and all that jazz.
I'm sure you know who I mean.
Well cast your mind back about 6 years ago and remember the landlady who threw out two gays (we all know Europe is full of them and more from the Daily Mail lol). Remember that case?
"Its fine if someone wants to discriminate against gays and not have them in your BnB" was more or less his words at the time.
Well bring yourself forwards to 2016 and the referendum and the British Bill of rights and his mate the 'Pickininy' Prime Minister Johnson.
Is that REALLY why you want to BREXIT?
Cos thats what you get.
Oh you dont care about Gays anyway? Oh you dont believe that Hitler started on all the odd balls before he moved on to mass extermination of the Jews and other malcontents either, do you?
Well ask anyone who kept quiet when the German Reich started its programmes of discrimination back in 1932 and see if the " It cant happen here" belief really holds any water!!!
You think that everyone is as honest and open as you and you dont believe that these politicians would ever do anything like that, after all they are British.
They would if the EU wasnt there to stop them.
You mark my words, which are repeated words of parents and uncles and aunties who fought against the Nazi filth and their propagandists: and who at the time of the inception of the Common Market could see that at last what they fought for was being consolidated across the continent. They could see that it was on a par with the UN actually, but our very own just for Europe.
They are dead and gone for the most part now, but still there in our memories arent they. The gratitude we hold is still as strong now as it was back there then.
Give the likes of Grayling, Johnson and Farage the chance and not only will we be totally enslaved to Global corporations, and our economy all but shot, our NHS, as we know it, will have all but disappeared, and as for the rights of minorities?
Well you really know the outcome there dont you?
for his opinion on one issue of the EU referendum
More at the Guardian 2010 here - Chris Grayling reveals the real Tories
Accusing Iowa of stealing its primary from him, Donald Trump is threatening to take his ball back and stop the game.
Abe Lincoln would have called Ted Cruz out and met him with fists.
He has warned networks, in frequent calls that became interviews, that if the Iowa caucus is not redone he will not talk to them anymore.
Surprisingly, he has gotten support from Bernie Sanders, who is accusing Hillary Clinton of not only shouting at rallies, but claiming a victory she did not win.
If anyone thinks he is kidding, Trump took his road show to Arkansas on Wednesday, where there was no competition going on.
He lost in Iowa, where he told people they were stupid, by more than 3 points. Trump had been predicting victory though he had done little on-the-ground campaigning.
Clinton and Sanders were virtually tied, but Hillary had a handful more votes. The thing is, close only accounts in horse shoes and hand grenades.
It’s too soon to speak definitely, but it does seem Trump is getting less time on the networks after his fall from grace.
The withdrawal of several less candidates means giving Trump carte blanche on the air will be more noticeable. It is somewhat surprising that a rich capitalist who thinks he owns the country can be so clear about it.
The next race is in New Hampshire, another nearly entirely white state. However, its residents are a bit more polished than the Texas style rednecks who love the Donald. Many may not want to be seen as Trump lovers, if only to not annoy the college educated tourists it trys to draw.
Clinton is under attack again. Not for emails or Benghazi. Critics say she talks to loud at rallies. The idea of a woman talking at all doesn’t sit well with many of these volk.
Whinny Little Girl
About the author
Robert Weller lives in Colorado, USA.
Check out his blog here
The first time the media-enabled New Yorker carnival barker faced a test he lost.
And Donald Trump lost to a man, Sen. Ted Cruz, who is pretty much universally hated in Congress.
Trump barely trumped Sen. Marco Rubio.
For month after month the mainstream media told us Trump was unbeatable.
The media line now is that Trump lost because the evangelical vote went to Cruz.
Another alternative is that the people of cow-country Iowa, with a century of caucuses, knew bullshit when they saw it. Pundits did not consider that a higher than expected turnout was the reason Trump lost -- people despise him.
That does not fit the media’s narrative because it means Trump bamboozled them.
Giving him hundreds of hours of free coverage. Google would have made him pay for a YouTube channel.
Our next best reads will be what Trump has to say on Twitter.
He is far to well-known in New Hampshire to use his lies and insults to win anything.
As soon as they are done letting Trump defend himself, don’t be surprised if the media thinks twice before handing the microphone to him.
The fact that Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders are drawing so much support shows that the Democrats are more than ready for a fight.
The mainstream media, in reporting choreographed by the Oscars, fell over themselves trying to declare that the first time a woman had gotten 50 percent in Iowa was a victory for the all-white Sanders' bandwagon.
During the brief periods they hadn't handed Trump the stage, pundits noted the demography of the country had changed. Whites, and they are not all Trump lovers, no longer dominate. Latinos and blacks won't be voting for Republicans.
Either Hillary or Sanders will create an American government that is on the same page with its people.
Yes, same sex marriage, legal abortion, health care, legalized marijuana, diplomacy instead of carpet-bombing.
About the author
Robert Weller lives in Colorado, USA.
Check out his blog here
This blog will include a range of reports and opinion pieces covering many issues. It will be YOUR Voice.
Running a news based website is fun, time consuming and can be costly. If you would like to help the site keep afloat please use the donate button